The Free Soil Arts Collective is the first arts organization in the Massachusetts Merrimack Valley focused specifically on working with artists of color.
Since its founding in 2019, the Free Soil Arts Collective has produced engaging theatrical productions, community projects, and curated events that amplify and strengthen historically under-explored voices.
Executive Assistant Job Description
We are looking for a new Executive Assistant to support the Free Soil Arts Collective and our Founder and Executive Director. You will manage business related tasks for the team such as scheduling, managing calendar, email communications, website management, creating documentation and contracts, and other organizational tasks. To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of G-Suite, be familiar with creating systems that boost organization and productivity, be extremely fast at solving problems, and able to work independently after receiving initial guidance/training. A love of Issa Rae is a plus.
The Free Soil Arts Collective team offers a collaborative, flexible, fun, non-formal work environment.
Compensation: $20/hour, 10 hours per week. Three days per week.
This role will include a 90-day trial period, and a 30-day assessment and review.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing reports, memos, invoices, and other documents.
- Answering phones and routing calls to the Executive Director or taking messages.
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Filing and retrieving Free Soil’s records, documents, images, and reports.
- Researching and conducting data to prepare flyers, social media content and presentations for review by Advisory Board and committee.
- Helping prepare for meetings.
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, submissions, and distributing them as needed.
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming emails, and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.
Executive Assistant Requirements:
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- In-depth understanding of the entire G-Suite.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to support scheduling for the Executive Director.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant.”
We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates for this position in regards to racial identity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, etc. Ideal candidate is located in the Massachusetts Merrimack Valley.